Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Bob's of Bacolod Part 2

And so on this day, my boss had problems. So he wanted to release some pressure and eat somewhere. As mentioned before, Bob's is just near the office and since I had a very good experience from last time, I suggested to eat there. :)

Bob's from Bacolod

So this time, I decided to try something else of course...

Name: Steak and Eggs
Price: 195php

Steak and Eggs
The steak was cooked medium so the meat is just right. I actually want it medium rare but my boss got it cooked medium. It's almost well done but still has a lil raw-ness in it. :) Anyways, the meat was practically lean all over and was very juicy. Actually I have a hard time describing meat like these as I feel like their tastes depend on how well done they are and what part was cooked. In any case, nothing really different here compared to other steaks. The size is worth it for the price although it is expensive (which is normal for steaks).

Name: Baby Back Ribs with Onion Rings (Daily Special version)
Price: 135php

Baby Back Ribs with Onion Rings

Well, I'm not really a fan of baby back ribs or ribs in general as I think it's not worth paying for the bone and they're usually expensive but I tried this because this is their value meal version. It's usually priced at 300+php but since this has a smaller serving size, the price is reduced too. But what I just realized is that the bone is actually what sets ribs apart from boneless meat dishes in terms of taste.

For one, you can't apply different done-ness on ribs because it's hard to even the cooking for meat stuck on bones. But on another note, the bones actually make sure that the flavor is retained regardless of the way it's cooked. So if you wonder why some people (or dogs for that matter) love lickin' em good on the bones, it's due to that...but I may be wrong hahaha.

So the ribs has this special marinate all over it. It's sweet and very mildly spicy. Not the typical BBQ sauce but you'd like it nevertheless. Meat is not tough at all and separates from the bone quite easily. And to my surprise, I actually got more meat than bone on this serving. :) Of course, I also licked the bone clean hehe and it was well worth it.

So really, as you can see, I've been to Bob's twice. It's value for money for the specials but if you have a lil extra cash, go ahead and buy the biggies. They're worth it too. :)

Till next time!

~2GBTG!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd appreciate the constructive feedback!