Friday, March 25, 2011

Bangers n Mash, Midnight Mercato

And so we return to the world of... Midnight Mercato.

You see I have a bunch of friends who work in the Makati area and just love going back here (since it's both near and due to the drive-thru Starbucks that they SO LOVE :) ).

Anyways, so since Sausage King has been missing in action, I decided to look for another sausage place. This time around, it's not just sausages...

Bangers n' Mash
(Bangers N Mash in Facebook)
Rachelle, co-owner

Location: Bonifacio Global City, Taguig
How to get there:
The only way I know how to get there by commute is by taking the bus that goes around Global City. It's supposed to go around some key points in the metro but the surest is at the intersection of Ayala and Forbes park. If you go across the Shell gas station, away from Ayala, you'll come across a small street where there's a line for usually 2 buses going to the Fort. Just ask the operator which one passes by Boni Hi-street or Mercato nearest. If that's much of a hassle, you can take a taxi. :)


Bangers n Mash actually means Sausage and Mashed Potatoes. Not the banger that you're thinking of. Really. Bangers is sort of a slang term for sausages. Don't ask me why though...

So what sets this one apart from the already large market of sausage stands is their mashed potato. And Rachelle tells me, the sausages are home-made! They're made in Tarlac then transported to Manila. Rachelle co-owns this place with her boyfriend (the guy in blue at the back).

And yes, I fell for that smile. I mean, for the yummy looking sausages (that doesn't sound right). Me and my friend was just passing by and we noticed Rachelle's stand. With that nice smile, friendly attitude and her persistent voice, we decided to try it out...

Name: Solo Sausage with Mash
Price: 135php

 Hunter Sausage... I think :P
Name: Double Bangers with Mash
Price: 185php

Yes, I forgot to ask what sausages were on display...
I do remember what I tried, Chicken and Roasted Garlic with Onion Chives mash topped with Liver and Bacon Tomato (and I asked her to mix it with Mustard Cream) Sauce.

Sounds chopsuey to you? I'm kinda the adventurous type (if you haven't noticed that yet) so I just put together stuff that I like: chicken, garlic, onions, liver, bacon, tomato and mustard.

Now the question is, did it work?
Okay, so the sausage is all natural, meaning it doesn't look or taste like it came out of a factory of preserved meat. It has this thin layer of skin that holds the meat together. When I ate it, I tasted the chicken but not much the garlic. It wasn't oily and was very tasty. Easy to slice too.

The mash actually is really good. It does have real onion and a hint of chives and it was nicely done, very tasty and serving was a lot. It doesn't feel dry or too mushy. Then since it was smothered by tomato sauce with hints of liver and bacon, it was just the perfect combo for me :)

By the way, the one I got was the solo sausage. And it was very satisfying :)

I'd be returning to this one too because of the mash and variety of not so common sausages and sauces.

Thumbs up for being unique! :)
~2GBTG!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd appreciate the constructive feedback!