Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Pho Hoa

After being stuck in Makati for quite some time and being jobless, I was detached from Pho Hoa for quite some time. But my old boss and bestfriend came to the rescue to bring me back to one of my all-time favorite places :)

Oh, and please do pardon me if I keep on going to Eastwood as it's very accessible relative to my place and it's packed of really nice food places :)

We were actually contemplating on checking other old places we used to go to but it was kinda a biased win because my bestfriend only likes two places here: Stackers or Pho Hoa. :P

Pho Hoa

Eastwood branch
Location: Eastwood City Walk, Eastwood City, Libis, QC
How to get there:
If coming from Cubao, take a jeep that goes to IPI or De Castro.
If coming from Ortigas, take a jeep that goes to De Castro or Jenny's. Go down at IPI then take a jeep that goes to Cubao. Tell the driver to drop you off at Eastwood (Citibank) then you need to walk in to get to Eastwood proper itself.
This one's just across Something Fishy where the central plaza for Eastwood is.

Pho Hoa, in Viet, actually means: "Pho" = rice noodles and "Hoa" = harmony or peace. So it means achieving harmony through noodles or more appropriately, good food :)

Obviously, Pho Hoa is a Vietnamese restaurant with affordable to mid to rarely expensive dishes. Always with generous sized servings especially their noodle ones. Don't underestimate when the menu says LARGE because you'll be surprised :)

This chain started not in Vietname but in North America and continues to be one of the largest chains of Vietnamese restaurants there is. Unfortunately, I have yet to ask which branch came in first in the Philippines though I am guessing it's not Eastwood. 

Name: Stuffed Chicken Wings
Price: 138php

Rellenong wings :P
Rellenong chicken wings is what I'd call this. :) It looks like chicken wings on steroids haha. But kidding aside, these are good stuff. Though it becomes old fast. One wing is enough for me to say, I think I won't order these for a while. Don't get me wrong, it's stuffed with ground pork and chicken, carrots, onions, you know, the typical in relleno. It's very much packed and tasty. But I guess it does get boring after a few. The vinegar dip tips it a bit so that saturation level goes down but not really. This one's good but a bit forgettable

Name: Caramelized Chicken Drumettes
Price: 165php

Never fails!!!
THIS is our ever staple order when we go to Pho Hoa. Really. We ALWAYS order this dish ALL THE TIME. I mean, how can you resist this: very crispy and moderately salty chicken dipped in caramel sauce...the perfect manifestation of sweet and salty in a bite-size platter. Just talking about it makes me want to order it now. HAHA.

Actually, I have to confess that I gobble up the caramel sauce when all is done and dead. Hehe. I know it's bad for my health but I can't resist it.

There, I hope you get an idea how much we LOVE this and that hopefully you'll agree with us. :)

Name: Chili Shrimps with Rice
Price: 265php

Spicy and sweet and shrimps!
And as if the drumettes weren't enough, I decided to try something different instead our favorite pho: chili shrimps. Shrimps and chili with that same caramel sauce, I dunno, I think I'm obsessed hahaha. Anyways, this one's quite a killer though because if you're not into spicy food or eat spicy but not so much, word of warning: it's really spicy :). The sweetness makes the perfect taste to douse it. And that slightly salty rice makes it all worth the effort haha. But it's actually the veggies that made the perfect contrast for me as they were plain, crunchy and cold. Trust me, they're not for decor only.

Yum yum... hmm... I can't wait to go back here...

Really... HAHAHA

Oh as a final note, for those who love lemonades, you've gotta order theirs. :) Believe me, you won't regret it and you'll even thank me you tried :)

~2GBTG!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd appreciate the constructive feedback!