Friday, March 18, 2011

Fort Legend Cafe

Remember Cafe Terya? (Food Junction post)

One of the part owners of that place, Joanne, also has her solely owned place in the Fort Global City. Her partner Jovi also manages the place with her. After this one opened, she told me immediately as she wanted to see if the reception will be the same as Cafe Terya...

And on a leave day, I went over here and tried it out!

Fort Legend Cafe
OC.. just love the setup
Location: Fort Legend Towers, Bonifacio Global City
How to get there: 
Go to Ayala intersection, walk to the Fort Bus terminal and ask which bus passes by Fort Legend Towers (I think it's the Westbound one). The bus stop is directly in front of the building itself. Once there, go to the 7th floor and go the parking lot. The cafe is at the left.

Nice background pics!
And nice lamps too!
Fort Legend Cafe is not your typcial carinderia. Because it's not, as Joanne would say. It's a cafeteria! Well, there is a difference... The former is about home made dishes with anything goes while being cheap while the latter is about home made dishes reinvented with style while being affordable. Confused? It doesn't matter haha.

The name's history is kinda funny when Joanne narrated it to me. They were thinking of many names for this place and some of them got rejected and some just weren't catchy enough. Until she just took the chance to ask if Fort Legend Cafe is taken and surprisingly, no. VOILA!

So the menu changes everyday for at most 15 dishes each day. The price ranges from 50 to 70 at most and their serving size is big. All their meals come with rice and soup. Their peak hours hit 11PM onwards till around 2PM. I do suggest going there before 4PM so the food isn't too soaked in heat from the warmers.

Ahm... I actually had 3 dishes by myself and if you're asking why, you should probably ask Joanne. :P

Name: Beef Casserole
Price: 70php


Their casserole is actually tasty. But the part I love most is how you're able to eat everything without struggle. Event the litids are chewable without effort. But the real secret behind this working is the sauce that covers all the pieces. I'd actually mistake this for a mechado if I wasn't looking. I'd say this one's okay.

Name: Chicken Caldereta with Gata
Price: 70php

The second one I tried, a caldereta, is one I had difficulty rating.

Why? Because I am not a fan of caldereta itself. I can't pinpoint why but I guess in the so many times I've been eating my grandma's version of it, I probably lost interest in it hehe. But the unique thing about this version is the coco milk (or cream), in other words, the gata. This is actually Joanne's recipe as she loves creamy dishes.

And it is a welcome twist. The creaminess makes it an interesting dish all together. Too bad I got neck portions (which is also a chicken part I don't like) but being the tastiest parts, I appreciated it nevertheless.

Name: Battered Chicken in Cream of Mushroom
Price: 60php

Speaking of bias, this has to be the winner for me for all 3 dishes. I have to say, chicken fillet with cream sauce or mushroom sauce is a simply sold formula for me haha. I just love the combo!

And their version didn't fail me. The fillets' breading were light allowing the mushroom taste to savor in a bit more into the chicken. Then putting carrots and potatoes adds texture and starchiness to the mix. Finally, that creamy covering makes it a lasting experience. Definitely a recommended dish.

But like I said, they change dishes everyday. There are staples however, like their crispy and standard sisig, their soups, their desserts like halo-halo, saba con yelo and other kakanin.

All in all, I was very satisfied with the variety and serving size of their meals. You won't go wrong with the dish as you have many to choose from and affordable as it is allows you to explore multiple dishes to fill out your stomach :)

If you're in this building, I suggest you build your healthy and variable diet here.

Till next time!

~2GBTG!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd appreciate the constructive feedback!