Friday, March 25, 2011

Mexicali

And it was another stressful day at work and after promising (and failing) to be with my beloved team during lunch or dinner for a lot of times, I tried really hard to be on this one haha!

They were craving for something Mexican I think... but I think it was more of the place already. They've been here a lot it seems :)

Mexicali

Location: The Link, just across Glorietta
How to get there: 
Take a bus going to Ayala (along EDSA) and you should drop off at the Rustan unloading shed. You cross from there and you should see Glorietta 5. From Glorietta 5, walk until you get to Starbucks in 6750. The Link and this place is just nearby.


Mexicali actually is a place along the border of California and Mexico. The owners Dixie, Dennis, and Chiqui Mabanta went to San Francisco at a time and got inspiration from the burrito chains there. So when they got back, they decided to do their own version of California-influenced Mexican food, hence Mexicali. They started way back 1993.


Mexicali's on the medium to high range. Dishes usually start at 100+ php up. They do have value meals every so often that costs a mere 99php :) Which is what we got hehe


Name: Meatloaf with Mushroom Gravy
Price: 99php
Meat Loaf with Mushroom Gravy
This one's worth it for both size and taste. Just the rice itself is tasty. The mushroom sauce gravy doesn't taste like out of the can either. The meatloaf is pretty packed despite the cut and is soft to chew. I'd take this over burger steak anytime :P

Name: Taco Rice
Price: 99php

Taco Rice
My friend actually got this dish and it looked yummier than mine. I did try a small part of it and as the name already says, it's taco on buttered rice with cream and egg on top. Along with the veggies and all. Worth the serving size. :)

Name: Super Fire Hot Wings
Price: 319php
Super HOT!!!
Now just for kicks, my officemate wanted to eat more and we were both interested in trying out their wings because we had this conversation of Buffalo Wings n' Things (another food place) and how we missed it's killer spice. So we went and ordered this lot and I was honestly amazed that it was really hot. I love eating spicy food and has developed a pretty high treshold for it so I'm not a reliable gauge haha. But I was expecting the name to be an exaggeration and alas, it wasn't. Juicy and spicy all over and with that oil all over, you can't escape the heat. :) If only the pieces were more or larger, I'd say it was worth the serving size.

After that we had Seattle's Best for coffee just to douse the flames and went our merry ways home :)

~2GBTG!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd appreciate the constructive feedback!