Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Bon-chon

I've always wanted to try out this place as it's getting an awful lot of attention lately. I wanted to see if the hype is just a hype or it lives up to it.

So one time, I asked my team to go for a lunch out and we decided to eat here...

BonChon

Location: Ayala Triangle Plaza
How to get there: 
Take a bus going to Ayala. Drop off at the Insular unloading bay. This is actually at the back of Makati Stock Exchange to you just cross via underground walkway then go all the way to the back to that strip of food places.


So each one was able to get their own meals while I got the two below (the third one I only tasted from my officemate's order.

Of course, I tried their...

Name: Chicken Drumsticks with Rice Box [Soy Garlic] (2 pcs)
Price: 145php

Well...?
Okay, so Bonchon boasts that double-frying technique. The end product is supposed to be crispy and saucy chicken. It actually is crispy but not crackling crispy and yes it is saucy. I actually like the sauce because you can taste the garlicky flavor. But... well, to tell you frankly, I think it's overrated. It is tasty and crispy but that's it. I didn't taste anything spectacular or what. And the chicken portion itself ain't special either so, I don't know. I liked it alright but I still think it's overrated. I guess I could say I'd like it better if they put in larger portions of chicken (but that would make it more expensive) or probably just make it boneless and crispier. That's just a guess :)
Name: Bulgogi Rice Box
Price: 145php
This one's actually good

This one kinda surprised me because it's good. I mean for a place that serves chicken as their specialty, having this in the menu is kinda odd for me. And that's why I ordered this too. And they got this one just right. It is your typical bulgogi: tender strips of meat, spring onions, onions, sauce and spices. That's it actually. Just plain and nice. Not sure though if I can get a better deal with the same price somewhere else but I could probably say it can only be cheaper a bit.

Name: Kimchi Coleslaw
Price: 45php
Interesting :)
Ah but speaking of interesting, this one is one I liked most. Surprised? Me too. To each his own haha. It's just coleslaw salad mind you but the kimchi gave it a nice spicy kick. So it's a cold refreshing salad side with a hint of spice. I don't know but it works for me :)

Overall, really, Bonchon's just okay for me. I can't figure out the craze for it but it ain't bad. I just think I'm better off with another chicken somewhere else... now where's that chicken somewhere else.........

~2GBTG!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd appreciate the constructive feedback!