Thursday, March 17, 2011

Racks

Just an ordinary let's have dinner day with one of my good friends.

She was craving for meat and we were at the Ortigas area so we decided to drop by at one of the formerly famous and now revived...

RACKS

Location: El Pueblo, Emerald Ave., Ortigas
How to get there:
Take a ride going to SM Megamall (usually a shuttle or FX) and the transpo should pass by this compound. You can't miss Racks because it's along Julia Vargas. If your ride took Emerald Ave., it would be on the left side so you have to go down at Podium, cross towards Discovery Suites then walk to El Pueblo. It's just across McDonald's El Pueblo.

Racks, as far as I know, had popular ribs and steaks back in the old days. I actually ate at their old branch in front of St. Luke's along E. Rodriguez (the spot is now a 7-11, last I checked). The reason I keep saying before and old days is because Racks closed out for a long time and they say it was because of mismanagement.

Now Racks is back (with new management) but I'm not sure if there really was any difference :(

Name: Racks Classic Pork Ribs (Quarter)
Price: 283php

Ribs... Hmm...
A bit on the dry side :(
Well to tell you, I'm not really a fan of ribs because they're usually not within my budget (much like premium steaks are) and you can't do the medium-rare thing with them haha. But there are a few that I have to do an exception for especially those that fall off the bone effortlessly :)

Did Racks fit that category? The fall off easily yes but it seems Racks isn't the way it used to be. Or to be fair, I don't think their ribs are the best in town nowadays. The meat tastes okay but the one that topples it most is its' dryness. The meat is a bit tough on the inside but yeah, it's just...dry and slightly bland.

Don't bash me for it but I'm just being honest :(

Anyways, the side dishes were okay (broccoli with cheese and cheesy macaroni). But all in all, not a memorable experience.

Oh well...

~2GBTG!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd appreciate the constructive feedback!