Saturday, March 5, 2011

Momo!

I have a lot of eating buddies. One of them is Joydie. And even though I've been to Momo! a lot of times, she hasn't.
So after her uber stressful day and getting a wonderful massage at Sole Mates, I told her we can eat at the ever so popular (for us at least) Momo! :)


Momo!

It's in reverse, I know haha
Location: Eastwood Mall, Eastwood City, Libis, QC
How to get there:
If coming from Cubao, take a jeep that goes to IPI or De Castro.
If coming from Ortigas, take a jeep that goes to De Castro or Jenny's. Go down at IPI then take a jeep that goes to Cubao. Tell the driver to drop you off at Eastwood (Citibank) then you need to walk in to get to Eastwood proper itself. The Eastwood Mall is across Stackers.
This one is at the front (left side) of the new Eastwood Mall. You can't miss it. 

So never mind that the logo's in reverse. It's funkier that way haha.

Moving on, like I said I've been to Momo! several times because I just love their food :)
And now that I'm back, I finally decided to blog them.

Momo! actually means "more food, more drinks". They are part of the company Raintree which also owns Chelsea and Museum Cafe. Their first branch, this one, opened in July 2009. They had a 2nd branch in Ermita but that one closed out. The 3rd one, which is in Ayala Triangle Plaza, opened February 2011.

Momo! is on the mid to high price range of places. It's a casual date place or small meeting place. The reason I'm saying this is because the place looks nice and cozy. I'd say Momo! is an Western-Italian fusion place based on their interesting variety of dishes. But they also have some Filipino dishes reinvented like that Big Filipino Breakfast.



And which was perfect for that day because there were only a couple of people at that time and I was making sure Joydie was all relaxed and smooth. After a couple of this and that on the menu, we finally decided to order...

Name: Grandma's Country Herb and Bacon Wrapped "Meatloaf"
Price: 425php
Grandma's Meatloaf "tower"
Gotta love that nice egg :)
I would say a price over 200php is considered expensive for me, given that it's only for one person. In this case, however, the serving size is two people. So that's approximately 212.50 each. I am one of the averagely earning employees so yes, it's expensive but it's worth the price :)

This meatloaf tower has obviously a large serving size. Too bad there's only one egg though. It's 2 separate meatloaves stacked on each other and individually wrapped in bacon (yum!). It's topped with a sunny-side egg and cushioned on mashed potatoes. It's also served with steam corn and a special sauce.


The side stuff's nothing special. The creamy egg is something I like (but it is just an egg haha). But the meatloaf is something worth taking note of. It's a bit on the meaty side, not much herby actually, eventhough the name says it is. Not too dry and is packed. The bacon is just the icing of the meatloaf but is a welcome plus of course hehe. It's a bit peppery and overall a very tasty meal.


Name: "San Francisco Style" Seafood Pesto Cream Linguine
Price: 395php

San Francisco Style Seafood Pesto Cream Linguine (whew)
MMMM salmon :)
This place has some liking to long, creative names huh?


Anyways, call me dumb but I don't really know where the pesto is in this dish. I did some research on the internet and yes, I am one of those accustomed to having just basil pesto, olive oil based versus pesto, tomato cream based. So there, I actually just answered my dumb question aahaha.


Moving on, since I love pesto AND tomatoes, this was a pretty nice combo for me. PLUS it has salmon which I also love. The name actually says it all: it's a creamy, tomato-based pesto with salmon on linguine. The salmon's nicely cooked with some parmesan cheese gratings. The creamy sauce not lightly but generously mixed with the pasta ending with a slightly sour but smoothly textured sauce. This one I liked much :)



Name: Dalandan Frozen Iced Tea
Price: 85php


Dalandan Frozen Iced Tea
Now this for me is the real winner. I mean I love their food but this I have to share with you. For those who don't know yet, one of Momo!'s specialties is their frozen iced tea.


Really? You say. But yes, it's a must try! The serving itself is a LOT. And for 85php, believe me, it's worth it. It's actually just an iced tea shake infused with the flavor you chose and placed in a very tall glass. It's just pure juicy goodness that's cold to the last drop and no wastage on the ice, really :) I personally like their strawberry, dalandan and peach :)


Just right, simple coziness :)
And as a complimentary "dessert", we got Choc-nut!!! :) Love it!
Beat that!

And so the relaxing day ended (well not yet actually) very well with that very nice lunch :)



Till next time!


~2GBTG!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd appreciate the constructive feedback!