Thursday, March 10, 2011

BFast

Just another of those "I am stressed, let's eat" days of my boss...
This time, we head out to the fairly new Ayala Triangle Plaza to find some food we haven't tried.

Strolling, strolling and we find that this place wasn't swamped compared to BonChon and Banapple. Since we just wanted to eat, we decided to eat here...

BFast
BFast... not so fast...
Location: Ayala Triangle Gardens
How to get there: Take a bus going to Ayala. Drop off at the Insular unloading bay. This is actually at the back of Makati Stock Exchange to you just cross via underground walkway then go all the way to the back to that strip of food places.
 
So we said, "Wow! This place is quite nice with the warm ambiance and minimalist design and all." AND on top of that, no long lines or what. Now the reason of which we will find out soon...

Be Healthy! Nice board :)
Be Natural! Another of the numerous boards
Nice seats and they're eco-friendly
Their specialties
Tapangus is their house specialty too

BFast is, as the name says, an all-day breakfast place. Most of their menu comprises of the legendary silogs (sinangag-itlog) or fried rice-fried egg combos. But they got more creative by putting other variations of it: kalogs (kamote-itlog) and pandeninis (paninis using pandesal instead). And of course torta (omelet). They got non-breakfast items too like steaks and other Filipino classics like champorado and arrozcaldo.

What we got were...

Name: Salmon Tinapa (Silog)
Price: 178php

Nice egg and salmon looks yummy...
Now that was what I really thought. Nice and yummy. I mean this is salmon (one of my fave fishes) and it's with silog! Well, I guess it's my fault that I expected too much that I went ahead and ate it without thinking.

Why you ask? I thought it was boneless or at least soft bones. But it wasn't :( I thought it was just one piece, but every piece had large, annoying fishbones. Yeah, I know what tinapa is and yes it has fishbones. But, to be honest, it ruined my experience because I had to debone all the pieces before I could eat them instead of what assumed was a seamless experience (or what I usually get from salmon dishes). So the taste of the salmon wasn't much either :(

For 178php, I was expecting at least that...

Oh well...

Name: Tapangus Torta
Price: 178php

That's potato crisps all over
I am a fan of omelets too so I was kinda excited when I saw this. The potato crisps were a welcome innovation to me and of course the cheese was an automatic yes. The angus beef inside was a plenty which is value for money but it was a bit tough. What's interesting about this dish though is the large amount of onions and bellpeppers inside. This causes the omelet to become sweet. So it's somewhat a weird tasting omelet for most but for me, i'd say it's just unusual at the least but it's good.

Now since we thought we weren't too satisfied, we decided to get dessert to probably save the night. And this is what we got...

Name: Apple Pie
Price: (i forgot)

*sigh*
This has to be the worst apple pie I've tried :( The pie crust itself really dry and tastes stale and the apples inside tastes old too :( I am not exaggerating but maybe we just got old stock by chance. We didn't even bother finishing it and no, we didn't ask for it to be replaced. If this were it's normal state, then it would be the same for all the apple pies and if it really were old stock, then we really should let it be as it shouldn't have been served in the first place.

In the end, we went out and ended up eating somewhere else...

Disappointed :(

~2GBTG!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd appreciate the constructive feedback!