Thursday, March 31, 2011

CBD

Every so often, you fall into a trap of sorts because of the nice place, some aura of kewlness, popularity... wait I'm talking about food haha.
Like in BFast, I never thought that I'd fall for another one too soon. In fairness however, I only tried one dish so there may be another try... just maybe...

CBD

Location: Ayala Triangle Gardens
How to get there: Take a bus going to Ayala. Drop off at the Insular unloading bay. This is actually at the back of Makati Stock Exchange to you just cross via underground walkway then go all the way to the back to that strip of food places.

CBD stands for Cheesesteaks, Burgers and Drinks. They serve and specialize in the same said food in the American way. This one in Ayala is their first branch. Their place is very clean especially with the green and white combination though I think the lights are too bright in this branch.


Clean and bright
Since everywhere else is full again and we didn't bother trying BFast again, we tried the next least crowded and that was CBD.
So I went up the counter and asked what their specialty was: she said everything. That was very stupid of me to ask actually... But anyways, I took a quick look at the menu and I can say they have what their name says, including the drinks in which they have a wide variety of beers. :) Oh, these aren't just local beers, their beers from everywhere else :)

Since I love bleu cheese, I went for that one.
Name: London Blue Cheeseburger
Price: 220php

Bacon and bleu cheese. Mm-mmm
On another view
The burger is okay. Really. But that's about what I can say. I can taste that small bleu cheese there and a bit of the bacon but there really isn't much amazing about it. And that's just one patty for 220php. Hmm... I honestly think that's too much for this kind of burger.

Don't get me wrong here, I mean nowadays there are some burger places that are obviously notches higher than your typical fastfood and they prolly revolve around the same price but they serve much more at this price. I'd say CBD just got in line with my unliked restos similar to Wendy's where they price their stuff so much and I can't make sense why :(

I'd say go for Stackers or Wham instead... 
I'm only talking about this burger by the way so don't bash me yet haha...
I'll prolly try this again with another dish so I can say if this is or isn't worth it.
Oh after this, we just had beer instead which is another story... cheers!
~2GBTG!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd appreciate the constructive feedback!